Monday, January 30, 2017

We're engaged!


In true "Joe" fashion, he asked me to marry him on January 26th. It was somewhat romantic, but as I said - true Joe fashion... I'll spare you the details. We talked about it here and there, but it was definitely a surprise when he pulled out this ring and asked. I said yes! :-) 

We don't have a date. We don't have a plan. YET. Still working on that. He works a lot of hours, overnight -so we aren't really even sure when will be the best time. He gets a couple weeks off in July, but July is hot! :-( We have talked about even just eloping, but having a reception later. We are still working on all the details of everything and figuring out what we want. 

I am over the moon ecstatic and happy. This guy has been amazing. We tried dating several times before we actually took the plunge. (Or should I say - that I agreed to go on another date...haha) and we definitely have had lots of time to figure each other out and really make it a real relationship. Heaven knows I've had my share of rocky relationships. I think when you choose to be with someone, though, you have to 100% commit yourself to that person despite their faults, despite the fights or disagreements, and despite the hard times. We all think we do, but so many people are ready to run at the slightest glimpse of discomfort. I've been one of those people... and I am not going to lie -  I have been tempted to run when we have had some rough moments. It's natural, its human nature. I stuck it out because I see what an amazing person he is. Even when we do have issues, we are able to work through them together and figure it out. I can definitely say that I have never had someone that truly tries to work together.  I am also pretty lucky that he has stuck around in the not so pretty moments, too. Thank goodness, I have found him! I am very very lucky. 

Isn't it gorgeous?!

No comments: