Thursday, October 22, 2015

I have been pretty busy working on little projects around the house, or for the house.

Mostly, I have been working on the living room. We are on the hunt for a new living room set. My huge sectional that we have now, just doesn't really fit. It's too big, and I have had it a few years and it has broken down in some spots. We want a more open feel to the living room so looking for either a love seat, or smaller sofa set. We are also going to get a new tv that mounts on the wall.

I found a really cute cabinet for dvds to go under the tv that I have been refinishing. I paid $20 for this gem on a facebook swap shop. I am still working on it, because it has been a long process and we don't have the new tv just yet. This is the before pictures. I didn't take a picture of the doors to it. I will before I start on them.



I had a mirror that I had put stickers and mod podge on years ago, it looked kind of silly. It was black, I had painted it silver in spots to make it look older. I thought it looked pretty neat years ago... not so much anymore. I redid it - took the stickers off and removed the mod podge and painted it a bronze/metallic brown color. Before and after photos. 




There are two candle holders I had from years ago too, I decided to paint them and give them a new feel. They were previously an off white color. I painted them a rose gold color. Before/After photos.


And the last project that I complete was the shutters on the bookcase. The previous owners created an in wall bookcase and with the wall mounted tv, decided to make a place where you could put your dvd player, dvr/cable boxes and hide all the cables behind doors/shutters. Which is super cute. However, I cannot stand the brick red color. So it had to go :-) Before/After photos



I still have plenty of projects that I am working on. Joe has a few of his own, too. I will try to keep this more updated. 




No comments: